Saturday, March 13, 2010

NATURAL EGG EASTER DYES


When I was little my grandmother used to dye eggs with us using all natural things she had. Here are a few of the colors I remember:

Yellow - 1 t Tumeric &2/3 c -Boiling water (Stir til dissolved) Add 1/2 tsp Vinegar

All Different Colors
BOIL EGG WITH ONE OF THE FOLLOWING and add 1/2 tsp Vinegar
Onion skins - (gold)
Grape Juice - (light purple)
Spinach - (green)
Beets - (violet)
Red Cabbage Leaves - (pink)
Wash farm eggs in warm soapy water. (Grocery store eggs are already washed.) Simmer for 20 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Well, those ideas are really awesome and I will definitely use them for my next Easter and even other decoration ideas as well. This year I celebrated Easter with my friends as family at best party venues in Chicago but I kept my party simple without much decorations.

    ReplyDelete